Old 23-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered User

Default Please help in identifing this plant

Hello all. I'm not sure if if this is the correct forum to be posting these photos, but the plants does look like some type of Bamboo. I'm trying to find the name of this plant to try and find information for its care.

Thank you all

Cruz
Attached Thumbnails
Please help in identifing this plant-p.jpg
Old 24-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by car22 View Post
Hello all. I'm not sure if if this is the correct forum to be posting these photos, but the plants does look like some type of Bamboo. I'm trying to find the name of this plant to try and find information for its care.
No, it's definitely not bamboo, nor any kind of grass. The fronds are are completely wrong for a bamboo. More likely a palm, but I'm not totally convinced about it. Has some similarity to the Parlour Palm, Chaemodora elegans, but I'm not saying it's that.
Old 29-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Registered User

I'd say that pretty definitely is a Parlour Palm - Chamaedorea Elegans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post