GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   color of the bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/199082-color-bamboo.html)

Walden 28-07-2011 05:07 PM

color of the bamboo

Hi,
hope you will be fine.

Actually, I've heard that the color of the Bamboo gets darker and more darker
with the passage of time. I am interested to know about the comments of yours about it. What would you say!
regards

echinosum 29-07-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walden (Post 931354)
Actually, I've heard that the color of the Bamboo gets darker and more darker
with the passage of time. I am interested to know about the comments of yours about it. What would you say!
regards

There are many kinds of bamboo, and often the culm colours change as they mature. Not always darker. There are quite a few that emerge green and change to yellow. I have one that emerges with a bluish bloom, reveals green under that when it washes off, then ages to a dull yellowy-buff, and eventually, especially if in the sun, can turn reddish-brown. I have a yellow one that obtains red patches in cold weather, that fade when it warms up. I have a yellow one with green stripes, and the green stripes disappear in the winter and come back in the spring. It is easy to get obsessed over all these colour patterns and changes...

Bonner 22-10-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walden (Post 931354)
Hi,
hope you will be fine.

Actually, I've heard that the color of the Bamboo gets darker and more darker
with the passage of time. I am interested to know about the comments of yours about it. What would you say!
regards

I am very interested on Bamboo colouring or dyeing process. If it possible cans anybody help me by sending some information, contact details and others?
Thank you very much.

Drew Wilkinson 19-10-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walden (Post 931354)
Hi,
hope you will be fine.

Actually, I've heard that the color of the Bamboo gets darker and more darker
with the passage of time. I am interested to know about the comments of yours about it. What would you say!
regards

You love 15 inch sticks up your bum

nicolestar 19-12-2012 11:05 PM

I think the color of bamboo is dark brown.