color of the bamboo

Old 28-07-2011, 05:07 PM

Default color of the bamboo

Hi,
hope you will be fine.

Actually, I've heard that the color of the Bamboo gets darker and more darker
with the passage of time. I am interested to know about the comments of yours about it. What would you say!
regards
Old 29-07-2011, 09:16 AM

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Originally Posted by Walden View Post
Actually, I've heard that the color of the Bamboo gets darker and more darker
with the passage of time. I am interested to know about the comments of yours about it. What would you say!
regards
There are many kinds of bamboo, and often the culm colours change as they mature. Not always darker. There are quite a few that emerge green and change to yellow. I have one that emerges with a bluish bloom, reveals green under that when it washes off, then ages to a dull yellowy-buff, and eventually, especially if in the sun, can turn reddish-brown. I have a yellow one that obtains red patches in cold weather, that fade when it warms up. I have a yellow one with green stripes, and the green stripes disappear in the winter and come back in the spring. It is easy to get obsessed over all these colour patterns and changes...
Old 22-10-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Walden View Post
Hi,
hope you will be fine.

Actually, I've heard that the color of the Bamboo gets darker and more darker
with the passage of time. I am interested to know about the comments of yours about it. What would you say!
regards
I am very interested on Bamboo colouring or dyeing process. If it possible cans anybody help me by sending some information, contact details and others?
Thank you very much.
Old 19-10-2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Walden View Post
Hi,
hope you will be fine.

Actually, I've heard that the color of the Bamboo gets darker and more darker
with the passage of time. I am interested to know about the comments of yours about it. What would you say!
regards
You love 15 inch sticks up your bum
Old 19-12-2012, 11:05 PM

Location: Dallas,TX

I think the color of bamboo is dark brown.