buy seeds

Old 28-07-2011, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Default buy seeds

Heirloom Garden Seeds. Vegetables, Flowers and Herbs! All Non-Hybrid
and Non-GMO Seeds! We offer Free Heirloom Seed Catalog and have retail
seed stores.http://rareseeds.com/
Old 12-08-2011, 07:41 AM

Location: USA

Originally Posted by buy seeds View Post
Heirloom Garden Seeds. Vegetables, Flowers and Herbs! All Non-Hybrid
and Non-GMO Seeds! We offer Free Heirloom Seed Catalog and have retail
seed stores.Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - 1400 heirloom garden seeds!
Hello... I have went through your site, I have question that what do you mean by buy seeds, are these seeds only for vegetable... As I am fond of flowers too.. How can I get those seeds?
Old 18-07-2012, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

On Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:15:41 AM UTC-4, buy seeds wrote:
Heirloom Garden Seeds. Vegetables, Flowers and Herbs! All Non-Hybrid
and Non-GMO Seeds! We offer Free Heirloom Seed Catalog and have retail
seed stores.http://rareseeds.com/

I would assume this is spam, however I just wanted to add that from what I've read, bamboo rarely produces seeds and growing bamboo from seeds is pretty difficult.

Can anyone comment on this?
Old 18-07-2012, 07:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

In article ,
nathan nolast wrote:
from what I've
read, bamboo rarely produces seeds and growing bamboo from seeds is pretty
difficult.

Can anyone comment on this?

Yes, the spam you replied to was spam. The fact that you reposted enough
of it to include the website for it's spam-i-tude says little good about
you, either.

Bamboo seeds rarely and synchronously (on a worldwide basis - though I
have seen some things that imply that the synchrony might be a bit less
precise that some other info would lead you to believe - ie, seeding
once every 40-100 years, but the "worldwide synchrony" might be over the
course of a couple of years at the point it happens, rather than "all at
exactly the same time." But basically at some point, all the bamboo of a
particular species up and sets seed.

The plant dies once it's gone to seed, so growing it from seed is the
only option to re-establish bamboo plants of that species. I have not
done it from seed, but I doubt its all that shockingly difficult, other
than getting some seed near enough the time of seeding to still be
viable, and it may require a certain amount of time (and/or temperature
and moisture control) to emulate natural exposure and get it to
germinate. Once germinated, it's about as difficult as grass, if you are
within its climate zone.