Mold problems in cut bamboo

Old 28-12-2012, 06:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Default Mold problems in cut bamboo

Can anyone tell me what kind of mold this is on the inside of my cut bamboo?

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/u.../file-1359.jpg

When I fell a pole to use to make these didgeridoo's I cut the pole into the lengths I will need for the didge's. I then roast them immediately over a very hot fire which turns the bamboo from green to a nice caramel color. Only occasionally I get this issue... Is the mold dangerous? Is there a treatment I can do to prevent it?

Thanks!
Old 28-12-2012, 09:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

RiverMan wrote:
Can anyone tell me what kind of mold this is on the inside of my cut
bamboo?

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/u.../file-1359.jpg

When I fell a pole to use to make these didgeridoo's I cut the pole
into the lengths I will need for the didge's. I then roast them
immediately over a very hot fire which turns the bamboo from green to
a nice caramel color. Only occasionally I get this issue... Is the
mold dangerous? Is there a treatment I can do to prevent it?

Thanks!

I would flush with standard bleach first and see if the issue appeared
afterward.
Old 29-12-2012, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

This is surface mold: http://www.guaduabamboo.com/bamboo-mold.html which you can easily wipe off. It usually doesn't re-occur once the bamboo is completely dried out.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

On Dec 29 2012, 11:48*am, wrote:
On Friday, December 28, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, RiverMan wrote:
Can anyone tell me what kind of mold this is on the inside of my cut bamboo?

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/u.../file-1359.jpg

When I fell a pole to use to make these didgeridoo's I cut the pole into the lengths I will need for the didge's. I then roast them immediately over a very hot fire which turns the bamboo from green to a nice caramel color. Only occasionally I get this issue... Is the mold dangerous? Is there a treatment I can do to prevent it?

Thanks!

This is surface mold:http://www.guaduabamboo.com/bamboo-mold.htmlwhich you can easily wipe off. It usually doesn't re-occur once the bamboo is completely dried out.

No it doesn't wipe off.... It's on the inside not the outside. And
I've tried bleach. Doesn't work either. I guess I need some kind of
anti-fungal spray
Old 13-03-2013, 09:09 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar

Location: USA

Originally Posted by RiverMan View Post
Can anyone tell me what kind of mold this is on the inside of my cut bamboo?

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/u.../file-1359.jpg

When I fell a pole to use to make these didgeridoo's I cut the pole into the lengths I will need for the didge's. I then roast them immediately over a very hot fire which turns the bamboo from green to a nice caramel color. Only occasionally I get this issue... Is the mold dangerous? Is there a treatment I can do to prevent it?

Thanks!
could you please post more link of such pictures!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Eric H.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by thomaspoul View Post
could you please post more link of such pictures!!!
Oh yeah, more pictures would be very much appreciated!! Those didgeridoos look simply amazing!!