GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   American Timber Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/209797-american-timber-bamboo.html)

Possum 23-05-2014 02:48 AM

American Timber Bamboo

This bamboo surprised me by sending out shoots away from the
water into the hard packed dry soil. It's growing better than I
expected it would in West Texas desert. Big strong shoots are
going out in every direction. It grows bigger, taller, stronger
every year.

Now if I could keep the damn rabbits from eating the young shoots
there would be a lot more bamboo. When my old house cat was
alive she never let the rabbits live long enough to be a problem.
The new cat is just learning how to hunt and the rabbits have grown
to big for her to kill. When she has kittens in a few months and they
get big enough to hunt there won't be a rabbit left in this area.