Phyllostachys Viridglaucescen Bamboo Growing Problems

Old 24-05-2014, 04:28 PM

Default Phyllostachys Viridglaucescen Bamboo Growing Problems

Hi I planted 3 Phyllostachys viridglaucescens in August 2012 for a screen at the bottom of our garden. They were approximately 2ft in height when I planted them.

They seem to be growing at different speeds as the one on the left of the flower bed is doing quite well and is getting to about 6ft in height and has 5 new shoots coming through the ground already this spring.

The middle one is now about 4ft in height and the one on the right hand sizes hasn't really grown at all.

I have attached some photos, could it have something to do with weeping willow we have in front of the bamboo that is growing the best, maybe giving it some shade from the sun but I thought this type of bamboo liked the sun.

When I dug up the grass to make the flower bed there was a bit of rubble to get out, could it be that there is more under the bamboo

Any advise would be great as I am struggling to work out what is happening to the growth of these bamboo plants.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Phyllostachys Viridglaucescen Bamboo Growing Problems-46788.jpg