Old 12-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Registered User

Default Is this raised border too small for black bamboo

Good afternoon all,

I am wanting to hide my fence and i also love the look of black bamboo. Is this border too small for me to plant bamboo and and hide the fence. The border goes down maybe around 1 metre and its around 35 cm wide. the length is 5 metres. the ends are both bricked so I could have a runner. Any advice on what type (was hoping for black bamboo), how far apart they should be planted and the care they need; It would be very helpful,

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Is this raised border too small for black bamboo-img_0264.jpg
Old 06-11-2020, 02:27 PM
Registered User

Hi I would say it will be a really tight squeeze. I planted three plants each was about 6 feet tall and in four years this is what they look like.

https://theyardandgarden.com/wp-cont...boo-scaled.jpg

They have not spread too much, but they dominate the space and I guess are around 15-20' tall