GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Stripeyness of P. Vivax Aureocaulis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/31341-stripeyness-p-vivax-aureocaulis.html)

mullens 10-06-2003 04:20 PM

Stripeyness of P. Vivax Aureocaulis

Hi,
Can one influence the extent to which P Vivax Aureocaulis carries green stripes ?

Last year, perhaps as a result of over-fertilisation, some of my bamboo had
short stocky stems with robust sideshoots. The P V Aureocaulis did not seem
to have as many stripes as the culms from the previous year.

Also, my P Bambusoides Castillonis has rather faint green in the internodes.
I am putting this down to genetic variation - and suppose that I can't do
anything about it ?

Richard