Old 24-08-2003, 12:02 PM
andr0meda

Default Chinese Fortune Bamboo

Chinese Fortune Bamboo - Dracaena sanderiana virescens
- is this a bamboo or a look-alike?
It looks very much like bambo, but I already had a pot of grass called "Baby
panda bambo" which my cat ate in no time; it also looked good enough to
pretend.
Andr0

Old 26-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Registered User

Location: West Midlands, ENGLAND

Quote:
Chinese Fortune Bamboo - Dracaena sanderiana virescens
- is this a bamboo or a look-alike?
No, fortune bamboo isn't a bamboo, it's a dracaena, some of its relatives grow like a cordyline would. It can hit about 5ft tall and can spread up 16" - 32"
__________________
Here for a good time,
not a long one
Old 27-08-2003, 01:02 PM
andr0meda

Thank you. I thought so.
I will keep it inside since it looks pretty and easy to grow, but will get a
real thing for the outside teracotta boxes. Any tips on what's best to grow
in pots? Long narrow teracotta containers?
Thanks,
Amdr0

s.com...

*

--
Scoby
Here for a good time,

OT Email scam: Bill Gates giving away his fortune Al Orchids 2 11-05-2006 04:17 PM
Make fortune Mick Fournier Orchids 1 14-07-2004 11:05 PM
Make fortune Howard Bamboo 0 10-07-2004 12:02 AM
Horticultural "Fortune Cookie" David Hill United Kingdom 17 26-11-2003 07:32 PM
Fortune's Double Yellow Cass Roses 7 11-04-2003 06:56 PM