Old 17-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Brian Barnson

Default timber bamboo on Vancouver Island?

Hi
I'm wondering what to expect if I plant P. heterocycla pubescens or
P. vivax just south of Nanaimo. It's probably Zone 7-ish. Will I get useful
timber, say 3 inch, in a reasonable time?
Brian, in Cedar

Old 17-10-2003, 08:42 AM
Travis

Brian Barnson wrote:
Hi
I'm wondering what to expect if I plant P. heterocycla
pubescens or
P. vivax just south of Nanaimo. It's probably Zone 7-ish. Will
I get useful timber, say 3 inch, in a reasonable time?
Brian, in Cedar

The climate is OK for those two. Fertilizer,mulch and water will have a
great effect on how fast they reach a mature size.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Old 18-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Brian Barnson

"Travis" wrote in message
Brian Barnson wrote:
Hi
I'm wondering what to expect if I plant P. heterocycla
pubescens or
P. vivax just south of Nanaimo. It's probably Zone 7-ish. Will
I get useful timber, say 3 inch, in a reasonable time?
Brian, in Cedar

The climate is OK for those two. Fertilizer,mulch and water will have a
great effect on how fast they reach a mature size.

Thanks, you've talked me into it. Are you getting as much
rain as we are?
Brian, in Cedar

Old 19-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Travis