Old 31-10-2003, 04:02 AM
Jo?o Paulo Freire Paglione

Default Why isn't it based in Brazil

"Travis" wrote in message ...

It was me. That's weird. Why isn't the "Bamboo Brazil Foundation"
based in Brazil?

Travis,

Your question is valid. The answer is because the grants/funds are
available here in the US. Starting a non-profit is inherintely more
complex there and since I am a legal resident and have been for 15
years, why not base it here. Especially, since I am working here to
help fund the social projects myself with other bamboo NGOs.

Hopefully, there will be an affiliate NGO based in Rio de Janeiro next
year.

Linda Garland registered the Environmental Bamboo Foundation in the US
before she did in Indonesia.

I hope that satisfies you. Thank you.

Best regards,

João Paulo Freire Paglione