Old 31-12-2003, 07:42 PM
TQPL

Default Has Phyllostachys nigra set seed recently?

Hi group,

Does anyone know if Phyllostachys nigra has
recently produced seed?
Worldwide?
In the UK a mail order company is offering cell
grown P.nigra and I wondered if they were seed or
tc grown...I havn't asked them yet! I would like
some advanced info before I make a call.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Alan (inUK)

Old 01-01-2004, 08:43 PM
TQPL

Hi Mullens,
Thanks for your input.
Neither has mine or the punctata form.
Regards
Alan (inUK)
"mullens" wrote in message
Mine hasn't flowered !

Old 02-01-2004, 02:19 AM
Zookeeper

Neither have ours. And they look great covered in snow!
Zookeeper (Oregon, USA)
TQPL wrote:
Hi Mullens,
Thanks for your input.
Neither has mine or the punctata form.
Regards
Alan (inUK)
"mullens" wrote in message

Mine hasn't flowered !

Old 02-01-2004, 02:19 AM
Zookeeper

TQPL wrote:
Hi Mullens,
Thanks for your input.
Neither has mine or the punctata form.
Regards
Alan (inUK)
"mullens" wrote in message

Mine hasn't flowered !

Old 05-01-2004, 05:32 PM
TQPL

For those that are interested.

In the UK a mail order company is offering cell
grown P.nigra and I wondered if they were seed or
tc grown..................

The company informs me that the 'cell grown'
plants are rhizome propagations from field grown
plants in China. So nothing new there then!

Can breath x 3 sighs of relief that my P.nigra is
not about to flower.
Cross out tc and cuttings too from the book.
Thanks for the worldwide info help.

Zookeeper hope the beauty of the snow makes up for
the cold.
Regards
Alan(inUK)

"Zookeeper" wrote
in message

Old 06-01-2004, 04:32 AM
mullens

TQPL wrote:

For those that are interested.

In the UK a mail order company is offering cell
grown P.nigra and I wondered if they were seed or
tc grown..................

The company informs me that the 'cell grown'
plants are rhizome propagations from field grown
plants in China. So nothing new there then!

Can breath x 3 sighs of relief that my P.nigra is
not about to flower.
Cross out tc and cuttings too from the book.
Thanks for the worldwide info help.

Zookeeper hope the beauty of the snow makes up for
the cold.
Regards
Alan(inUK)

I'm interested. Who is the company, and how much do they cost ?

I've had most luck with P. Aureosulcata spectabilis, less with
P. Nigra and none with P. Pubescens when it came to taking rhizome
cuttings.

I've bought a fair number of plants from the Palm Centre (in Ham)
and I understand that they have a sale until February.

Richard
Old 07-07-2007, 03:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Good news there, I just started propagating our three 'Henon' this
year!!!!

g.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

-- Central Florida -- I've got P. nigra that was planted in the wrong place
and I regularly pull out (and either give to friends, throw away or replant
into pots) rhizomes that are emerging in my azalea or citrus gardens.
They're available to anyone that wants them --

Old 09-07-2007, 01:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 23:11:20 GMT, "JimR" wrote:

-- Central Florida -- I've got P. nigra that was planted in the wrong place
and I regularly pull out (and either give to friends, throw away or replant
into pots) rhizomes that are emerging in my azalea or citrus gardens.
They're available to anyone that wants them --

I'd love to have a few new starts but Florida is SO far away! ;-j

g.

.. .

wrote:

For those that are interested.

In the UK a mail order company is offering cell
grown P.nigra and I wondered if they were seed or
tc grown..................

The company informs me that the 'cell grown'
plants are rhizome propagations from field grown
plants in China. So nothing new there then!

Can breath x 3 sighs of relief that my P.nigra is
not about to flower.
Cross out tc and cuttings too from the book.
Thanks for the worldwide info help.

Zookeeper hope the beauty of the snow makes up for
the cold.
Regards
Alan(inUK)

"Zookeeper" wrote
in message
Neither have ours. And they look great covered
in snow!
Zookeeper (Oregon, USA)

Thinning Slender Shoots - Phyllostachys Nigra geebea Bamboo 5 18-05-2011 11:09 PM
Sambucus Nigra died away? ramyad Gardening 3 05-04-2009 01:05 PM
Phyllostachys Nigra Dermot66 Bamboo 2 21-06-2008 10:35 PM
RPM one set or rules for posters and one set for moderators and a rogue moderator playing his own tune! ~Roy~ Ponds 0 22-03-2007 03:53 AM
NASA has recently answered to the prediction of a mega tsunami [email protected] Gardening 2 04-05-2006 05:55 PM