Old 30-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Dan Pavlica

Default question from a newbie: HOW TO START BAMBOO

Hello,

A friend of mine has some beautiful, tall bamboo at the house he is
currently renting in Dallas, and I want to plant some of it in my
yard. But neither one of us know how you get bamboo started from
existing plants. He just lives there (didn't plant it himself) and I
never had bamboo before. I heard you can chop a small stalk and go
from there, but how exactly? How do you cut it? Between nodes, I
assume, but then what? Does it go into the water or straight in the
ground? Vertically or horizontally? Thanks.
Old 30-01-2004, 09:42 PM
hollenback

The American Bamboo Society has this on its website
http://www.americanbamboo.org/images/DividingBamboo.GIF

You can find more information on bamboo at http://www.americanbamboo.org

Bill

om...