GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Bamboo as hedge? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/53160-bamboo-hedge.html)

Lar 21-02-2004 03:24 AM

Bamboo as hedge?

I have a new housing development being built behind me in which they raised
the terrain 14' fronm the original topography behind my fence. I am looking
for a fast growing plant to use as a hedge for privacy. Is bamboo a viable
alternative and how fast will it grow. I will need to plant a area about 40'
wide. How many plants would it take and any source in Seattle area.
Thanks.

Travis 21-02-2004 06:12 PM

Bamboo as hedge?

Lar wrote:
I have a new housing development being built behind me in which
they raised the terrain 14' fronm the original topography
behind my fence. I am looking for a fast growing plant to use
as a hedge for privacy. Is bamboo a viable alternative and how
fast will it grow. I will need to plant a area about 40' wide.
How many plants
would it take and any source in Seattle area. Thanks.

Check the "Source List" on the ABS web page.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Travis 25-02-2004 06:28 PM

Bamboo as hedge?