GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Bamboo for water garden? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/56155-bamboo-water-garden.html)

Steve Michaelson 20-03-2004 03:31 PM

Bamboo for water garden?

I have a 55 gal water garden, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a
variety of bamboo that will thrive in water, and stay on the small side (2-4
ft. high) Any help would be appreciated.

-Steve Michaelson

Bert 20-03-2004 03:51 PM

Bamboo for water garden?

Steve,

There is no bamboo that will survive in water, although there have been
recent reports of a clumper that has shown promise.

Bert

hlink.net...

Beecrofter 21-03-2004 04:02 PM

Bamboo for water garden?

"Steve Michaelson" wrote in message thlink.net...
I have a 55 gal water garden, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a
variety of bamboo that will thrive in water, and stay on the small side (2-4
ft. high) Any help would be appreciated.

-Steve Michaelson

Instead of bamboo look into "Giant Horsetail" far more suited for the
water and will provide a similar effect visually.

Steve Michaelson 31-03-2004 07:42 AM

Bamboo for water garden?

I have heard that that stuff spreads like wildfire, and is almost impossible
to get rid of after the fact though. My garden is in a fairly small
container (only 55 gallons). Can I keep a giant horsetail in a container,
without worrying about it spreading throughout my yard? Thanks for your
help.

-Steve Michaelson

om...

Beecrofter 01-04-2004 12:30 PM

Bamboo for water garden?

"Steve Michaelson" wrote in message link.net...
I have heard that that stuff spreads like wildfire, and is almost impossible
to get rid of after the fact though. My garden is in a fairly small
container (only 55 gallons). Can I keep a giant horsetail in a container,
without worrying about it spreading throughout my yard? Thanks for your
help.

-Steve Michaelson

Just pot it up and plunge the pot in the pond and you will be fine.