Old 20-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Starlord

Default Desert Bamboo

About 4 years ago while out driving aong an old road, I came apon a
strand of bamboo which was growing on the side of the road. I could
see that the only water it got was from any rains that came threw.

I dug up a start of it and planted it out in my garden. I would say
now, that if I had to dig it up, I'd need a dozer or other digging
machine, during the years it had come to cover about a 3 to 4sq ft
area. Right now there's at lest 20 shoots coming up, most of them
within the last two weeks.

I cut it down every winter, gives me stakes for next springs
gardening.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

Old 26-04-2004, 07:02 AM
JJ

"Starlord" wrote:
About 4 years ago while out driving aong an old road, I came apon a
strand of bamboo which was growing on the side of the road. I could
see that the only water it got was from any rains that came threw.

Mind saying which road you were on? I live in Vegas and my golden
bamboo isn't looking too good.

Jay
Old 26-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Starlord

I'm on 20th ST West, just above Ave A, about 100 yards from the I-14
freeway. I don't know which bamboo this is, I cut it down each winter
after the first good freeze and it grows back the next spring good.

When I put it where it is, the roots where big and massive, this is
the 3rd year in this same spot.

--

"JJ" wrote in message
"Starlord" wrote:
About 4 years ago while out driving aong an old road, I came apon a
strand of bamboo which was growing on the side of the road. I could
see that the only water it got was from any rains that came threw.

Mind saying which road you were on? I live in Vegas and my golden
bamboo isn't looking too good.

Jay

---