Old 30-03-2004, 05:22 AM
J27

Default What can I use for bamboo fertilizer?

It's nearly the end of March in my zone 7 and I feel I should be adding some
type of fertilizer to my bamboo.
Any suggestions as to best fertilizer, best time, etc?

Old 30-03-2004, 06:05 AM
Mark. Gooley

"J27" wrote:
It's nearly the end of March in my zone 7 and
I feel I should be adding some type of fertilizer
to my bamboo. Any suggestions as to best fertilizer,
best time, etc?

It's grass. Lawn fertilizer. Not sure about the time:
I tend to give it in spring, a bit before the first shoots
show up, or just after I notice the first ones.

Mark.

Old 31-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Travis

J27 wrote:
It's nearly the end of March in my zone 7 and I feel I should
be adding some type of fertilizer to my bamboo.
Any suggestions as to best fertilizer, best time, etc?

I use "Ringers Lawn Restore" and some 5-1-1 fish fertilizer in the fall
and spring.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Old 31-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Starlord

I use plain old bags of steer manure.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

"J27" wrote in message
. net...
It's nearly the end of March in my zone 7 and I feel I should be

adding some
type of fertilizer to my bamboo.
Any suggestions as to best fertilizer, best time, etc?

---

Old 07-07-2007, 03:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

HIgh nitrogen chem., hay, bark, grass clippings, old chippings,
manure....I've yet to find a mulch my grove doesn't like. ;-j

g.