Old 29-01-2003, 05:46 AM
Chris

Default Bonsai Bamboo, yellowing leaves and stalk

Hello--

I picked up some Bonsai plants at the store last week. One of the plants is
a small bamboo collection in a small ceramic container. Some of the leaves
and one of the stalks starting to turn yellow. I fear I am under or over
watering the plant. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Chris

Old 29-01-2003, 05:46 PM
Chris

"Chris" wrote in message ...
Hello--

I picked up some Bonsai plants at the store last week. One of the plants is
a small bamboo collection in a small ceramic container. Some of the leaves
and one of the stalks starting to turn yellow. I fear I am under or over
watering the plant. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Chris

Sounds like you have "Lucky" Bamboo, which may be lucky, but it isn't
bamboo.

Look up "Dracaena Sanderiana". It is primarily a water plant, so too
much water isn't an issue.

Chris
Chino,CA
Old 06-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Frog Dan

Sounds like you are letting it get TOO much light. Mine did the same thing
when exposed to just light from a northern window. My girlfriend keeps her
Lucky bamboo on the kitchen table with the shades drawn and that darn thing
is as green as can be and putting out shoots everywhere.

Dan

"Chris" wrote in message
om...