GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Gardens (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/667-gardens.html)

cookw 31-01-2003 02:42 PM

Gardens

I have a very large garden and a very large dog who is digging up my garden.
I need suggestions about how to overcome this huge problem.

hermine stover 05-02-2003 03:07 AM

Gardens

On 31 Jan 2003 06:42:50 -0800, (cookw)
wrote:

I have a very large garden and a very large dog who is digging up my garden.
I need suggestions about how to overcome this huge problem.

William Koehler wrote several books on dog training and your specific
problem is one he deals with. I have a nursery and i also have a
number of large and very vigorous dogs. Somehow they co-exist, but we
do have the occasional plant casualty. The easy way is to create a
fenced area for the dog, possibly with ornamental gravel for ground
cover, and shielded from plain sight by a screen planting.
I am aware that Koehler is considered by some to be out of date and
possibly extreme, but i have not found his training methods harsh, and
i do have happy obedient dogs. best of luck!
hermine stover