Old 14-07-2004, 12:08 PM
tonyg

Default soaker hoses

How long do you water your bamboo with soaker hoses? The spigot is a bit
more than cracked open. thankyou. tonyg
Old 17-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Chris

"tonyg" wrote in message ...
How long do you water your bamboo with soaker hoses? The spigot is a bit
more than cracked open. thankyou. tonyg

Why don't you get one of those inexpensive water timers that hook up
to your spigot? This way you turn the spigot on all the way and just
let it run for however long you want it to and not worry about it.
Put this in the Home Depot site search engine "MelnorElectronic Aqua
Timer Model 3015"

Depending on your area, I would let it run at least 15 minutes a day.
I am in So Cal where it is hot and dry, I have switched to drip lines
and I let them run for 20 minutes 2x a day, but they are watering a
lot of bamboo.
Old 22-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Chris

"tonyg" wrote in message ...
How long do you water your bamboo with soaker hoses? The spigot is a bit
more than cracked open. thankyou. tonyg

Why don't you get one of those inexpensive water timers that hook up
to your spigot? This way you turn the spigot on all the way and just
let it run for however long you want it to and not worry about it.
Put this in the Home Depot site search engine "MelnorElectronic Aqua
Timer Model 3015"

Depending on your area, I would let it run at least 15 minutes a day.
I am in So Cal where it is hot and dry, I have switched to drip lines
and I let them run for 20 minutes 2x a day, but they are watering a
lot of bamboo.

Do soaker hoses stop soaking after a while? Don Wiss Gardening 1 20-04-2010 04:40 PM
soaker hoses v/s drip irrigation, [email protected] Texas 7 16-02-2009 11:16 AM
soaker hoses and other irrigation methods Stan The Man United Kingdom 11 23-07-2005 11:39 PM
Soaker Hoses Charles Gardening 8 31-07-2003 06:02 AM
Different Drip Rates in Soaker Hoses? Fleemo Gardening 3 28-03-2003 10:56 PM