Old 30-12-2004, 08:35 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Default Bamboo

Bamboo

Very agressive and not a good choice of plants for the once fertile forest
of the USA.

Could someone please tell me what assets for wildlife and building new soil
that bamboo has?

Why bamboo is legal to grow and commercial non-hallucinogenic hemp is
illegal is incomprehensible.

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist

Old 01-01-2005, 11:06 PM

Before all the land was cleared for crops and livestock quite a bit of
the US was covered by native bamboo (canebrake)
Much nicer than the Norway maples my neighbors insist upon or the other
invasives like turfgrass which has taken over the nation' consumed
resources, and fouled both ground and suface water with it's
mismanagement.
Have you seen any 10 acre stands of bamboo? Or even one acre stands if
it is so invasive?
As for building new soil, anytime you use the energy of the sun to make
new carbohydrate and protein from the gases in the air you will improve
the soil.
Kenaf and bamboo might be even better sources of fiber than hemp in the
long run.

Hello fellow bamboo lovers! I have a question about my bamboo patch RiverMan Bamboo 9 27-04-2011 07:42 AM
Dying black bamboo ramyad Bamboo 4 27-04-2009 11:13 PM
Looking for Simon Henderson (formerly of BAMBOO PEOPLE) - Bamboo agroforestry researcher Jo?o Paulo Freire Paglione Bamboo 0 02-11-2003 06:32 PM
Bamboo wanted. Have Black bamboo and "Alphonse Karr" Annabel United Kingdom 2 12-06-2003 04:56 AM
Bamboo root depth and drought - was: Shade tolerant bamboo in south Florida Rick DeBay Bamboo 1 13-03-2003 06:33 PM