GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Phyllostachys leaves going black !! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/91541-phyllostachys-leaves-going-black.html)

Christina Cameron 28-03-2005 12:38 PM

Phyllostachys leaves going black !!

Hello,
I have a couple of hundred one-year-old bamboos, P.Nigra "Boryana" and
P.Aureosulcata "Spectabilis" which I repotted a couple of weeks ago. The
leaf edges on most of them are going black and looking very unsightly, even
on newly opened leaves.
I repotted lots of Pseudosasa Japonica and others, and they seem to be
unaffected.
I have read about 'boos disliking chemical fertilizers, do you think it
could be something in the potting compost I used (general purpose
peat-based) ??
Any advice gratefully received.
Christina

Christina Cameron 28-03-2005 12:42 PM

Here are some pictures I just took of the leaves:
http://www.palmata.co.uk/blackened_bamboo_leaves.jpg
http://www.palmata.co.uk/blackened_bamboo_leaves2.jpg