GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   What species of bamboo is this? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/93268-what-species-bamboo.html)

Michael Shaffer 30-04-2005 05:30 PM

What species of bamboo is this?

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo3.jpg

I planted this a couple summers ago and this week I noticed it sending p
a lot of new shoots. Does anybody know what species it is?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Shaffer 30-04-2005 05:33 PM

Michael Shaffer wrote:

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo3.jpg

I planted this a couple summers ago and this week I noticed it sending p
a lot of new shoots. Does anybody know what species it is?

Thanks,
Michael

BTW the place where I got it was about to be bulldozed (new housing
development) and it was about 20-25 feet tall there. It also had a lot
of shoots so it's not a clumping type.

[email protected] 30-04-2005 09:40 PM

Might be easier if you told us where you were.
first guess
P. aureosulcata.
Got a pic of last tears biggest culm?

Michael Shaffer 30-04-2005 09:50 PM

wrote:
Might be easier if you told us where you were.
first guess
P. aureosulcata.
Got a pic of last tears biggest culm?

Near Washington DC, zone 6/7. What is the culm exactly?

Here's a few more pics

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo4.jpg
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo5.jpg
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo6.jpg

SamMan 30-04-2005 11:29 PM

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
wrote:
Might be easier if you told us where you were.
first guess P. aureosulcata.
Got a pic of last tears biggest culm?

Near Washington DC, zone 6/7. What is the culm exactly?

A culm is the proper term for the cane, or stalk....

--
SamMan
Rip it to reply

[email protected] 03-05-2005 03:40 PM

Michael Shaffer wrote:
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo3.jpg

I planted this a couple summers ago and this week I noticed it

sending p
a lot of new shoots. Does anybody know what species it is?

Thanks,
Michael

Looks to be a Phyllostachys Nigra variant. If there is no color change
after about 9 months I'd guess it's Ph. Nigra Henon

Chris

Watergarden2006 07-05-2006 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by
Michael Shaffer wrote:
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/bamboo3.jpg

I planted this a couple summers ago and this week I noticed it

sending p
a lot of new shoots. Does anybody know what species it is?

Thanks,
Michael

Looks to be a Phyllostachys Nigra variant. If there is no color change
after about 9 months I'd guess it's Ph. Nigra Henon

Chris

Could you perhaps sel me a small root division of your bamboo. I a willing to pay shipping plus a few extra dolars for your labor. If so, please let me know...

Thank You,
Michael