GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   flute making (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/94185-flute-making.html)

Henry L 16-05-2005 07:37 PM

flute making

Hi, I am an amature bamboo flute maker looking for bamboo canes suitable for
flute making. I am interested in the phyllostachys family of 4-5 year old
bambusoides(madake), allgold, or angustus with a diameter of 1 to 1.25
inches at @20-24 inches above ground. Oh yes, I do want the root with it.

If you have what I need and willing to share them I can travel to your grove
and dig them up myself. I live in the NYC area and will travel to NJ, PA,
CT, MA, RI areas to get what I need.

Thanks
Henry Lee

pjedmond 15-01-2006 07:59 PM

Vivax is probably OK as well - the key thing for musical instruments is that the walls of the culms are relatively thin.