Old 12-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Registered User

Default Which compost

We have 2 baby bamboo plants each in a tub. Is there any type of compost best suited to this plant?
Old 05-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Suzy

Hi, I see nobody replied to your question. Have you found out yet?
Bamboo needs a well drained soil and needs a lot of watering. Good luck.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Suzy

Old 05-07-2005, 07:31 PM
mr gulash

We have 2 baby bamboo plants each in a tub. Is there any type of
compost best suited to this plant?

the only issues i've seen with container bamboos is that you need good
drainage, but also good moisture retention. i think any compost that
i've seen pretty well satisfies those requirements. different species
*do* have different acid/alkaline desires, so depending on what type
you have that could be an issue.

- gulash.