Old 31-07-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Great Informaton From Bonsai Experts

Hello,

I just finished a really amazing project, and I figured you would
probably like to hear about it. I recently had the opportunity to
interview not one, but two of the great Bonsai experts. I am sure that
you will recognize their names.

Walter Pall is a 27 year veteran of Bonsai trees. He travels all over
the world giving talks and demonstrations.

Peter Chan has been involved with bonsai trees since 1967. He is
probably best known for his 5 best selling books including "Bonsai
Masterclass" (his personal favorite) and is the co-founder of the
famous "Heron's Bonsai Nursery", along with his wife Dawn.

I was so excited about being able to have this chance, that I wanted to
share it with as many people as possible. The information that both men
reveal is priceless. Please feel free to share this recording with your
other Bonsai friends.

You can download the file by visiting this web page:
http://www.bonsai-interviews.com/special

Genuinely,

Jerry

Old 31-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Jim Lewis

You can download the file by visiting this web page:
http://www.bonsai-interviews.com/special

Genuinely,

Jerry

FOLKS . . . You are a LOT braver than _I_ am if you click on
this link -- and my virus, spyware, ad ware, other-ware
programs are all up to date.

Never trust an "Anon." Especially an "Anon" who has never
before -- to MY knowledge -- posted to this newsgroup or
mailing list and who suddenly has this oh, so altruistic offer.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 31-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Kev Bailey

I have a PC that I use solely for web and am willing to risk the odd offer
such as this. The site the link takes you to is one of those dreadful
overblown sales pitches, this time selling the ancient secrets of bonsai
growing. It turns out to be a poor quality audio recording of a sample from
a series that is being sold. As such it breaches our No Advertising policy
and the poster should be warned or banned.

I wonder if Walter knew what he was being recorded for?

Cheers

Kev Bailey

From: Jim Lewis
Subject: [IBC] DO NOT (was: [IBC] Great Informaton From Bonsai Experts)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:54:03 -0400

wrote:

You can download the file by visiting this web page:
http://www.bonsai-interviews.com/special

Genuinely,

Jerry

FOLKS . . . You are a LOT braver than _I_ am if you click on this link --
and my virus, spyware, ad ware, other-ware programs are all up to date.

Never trust an "Anon." Especially an "Anon" who has never before -- to MY
knowledge -- posted to this newsgroup or mailing list and who suddenly has
this oh, so altruistic offer.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature encourages no
looseness, pardons no errors. Ralph Waldo Emerson

************************************************* *******************************
************************************************* *******************************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 31-07-2005, 04:26 PM
bob campbell

On 31 Jul 2005 05:56:34 -0700, (Jim Lewis) wrote:

wrote:

{snip spam}
FOLKS . . . You are a LOT braver than _I_ am if you click on
this link -- and my virus, spyware, ad ware, other-ware
programs are all up to date.

Never trust an "Anon." Especially an "Anon" who has never
before -- to MY knowledge -- posted to this newsgroup or
mailing list and who suddenly has this oh, so altruistic offer.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Nature

Thank you Jim, sound advice as always. In this case, I think they are more
mercantilist than malicious. I'd not be suprised if, after reading "make $$$ on
the internet", the same message appeared on every newsgroup with bonsai or tree
or plant in it's name

FWIW:
'Jerry' posts from 216.250.37.3 d216-250-37-3.allwest.net via google
Taking a closer look at our 'generous friend' The offer originates from a
publishing company, Lacobo Publishing, LLC, located in Utah but the web site
appears to be in AU, I guess the exchange rate is good
Canonical name:
www.bonsai-interviews.com
Addresses: 203.89.205.174
Created on: 23-Jul-05

Looking at the site itself - it looks like typical 'junk mail on a web page'
including hilited text, red check marked paragraphs with underlines and a
'special offer' that expires a midnight - hurry! hurry! No contact page, in
fact nothing but the sale offer

Orders processing takes you to http://3.nat4quilts.pay.clickbank.net/
at 67.139.254.134 and that's as far as I go. ("affiliate powered e-Commerce,
worldwide" I'll take a pass on this one)

bob

PS: I'm cc:ing this to Lacobo Pub. to be hear their side but I'm voting to
suspend their list priviledges pending review.
Old 31-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Jim Lewis

bob campbell wrote:

bob

PS: I'm cc:ing this to Lacobo Pub. to be hear their side but I'm voting to
suspend their list priviledges pending review.

Thanks, Bob and Kev -- braver than _I_ am. :-)

The guy posted from Google Groups though the news group, so
there's not a lot we can do to keep him off the mailing list.

In Shelly's absence (temporary) if he-she-it posts again,
I'll see to it that the stuff doesn't get passed on to the
list (but with that kind of address, he just need to change
it slightly to bypass that.) :-(

I do wonder if Walter knew. Kev, why don't you pass the
website addy on to Walter via a PM on the gallery?

Jim Lewis - - Hit THINK before you hit SEND