GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is it too late to defoliate? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/101101-too-late-defoliate.html)

Helena Handbasket 07-08-2005 06:04 PM

Is it too late to defoliate?

I have a few maples showing brown leaf margins on otherwise healthy trees.
Should I leave them or defoliate the leaves showing damage or the entire
tree or just let them be?

--
katie
Zone 6b

Tex John 16-08-2005 09:27 PM

In Texas, I wait until the new Fall leaves start coming out (this week
actually) so the tree is never bare.

Two growing seasons is great for pretty leaves but doesn't leave much time
for adding girth (at least not to the TREE's trunk :)

John
in Houston