GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Jamaican Rain Tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/101130-%5Bibc%5D-jamaican-rain-tree.html)

Gary A. Beluzo 08-08-2005 07:58 PM

[IBC] Jamaican Rain Tree

Greetirngs Bonsai Enthusiasts!

I am new to the list and have enjoyed monitoring it over the past week. I
have a question that I would like to post: What is the best way to entice a
Jamaican Rain Tree to flower? Last year it was blossoming all summer, this
year I had 2-3 blossoms early in the spring and nothing since. It IS
growing quite well, lots of new growth but no flowers..perhaps I need to
increase the P or K in the fertilizer? Does this species have any
particular quirks in its growing needs?

Thanks for any help.

Gary Beluzo
Westfield, MA

"Get the GIST of Autopoietic Forests...."

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Billy M. Rhodes 08-08-2005 10:26 PM

In a message dated 8/8/2005 2:58:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

It IS
growing quite well, lots of new growth but no flowers..perhaps I need to
increase the P or K in the fertilizer?

A lot of growth and no flowers can be a symptom of too much nitrogen
in your fertilizer. Try a formula with a high middle number, sometimes sold as
"Bloom Buster."
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --