GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Panels for Greenhouses ?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/10118-%5Bibc%5D-panels-greenhouses.html)

Mark Hill 11-03-2003 05:44 PM

[IBC] Panels for Greenhouses ??

Greetings all;

I've been wandering about my back yard, ankle deep in snow, looking at
potential greenhouse sites.
I think I've got a beauty picked out that'll give me nice sunshine in
the morning and partial sun in the afternoon.
I've spent a lot of time drawing my "potenhouse" and I think I'm about
ready to start digging footings (if the %^&$$ snow ever melts !!)

One simple question,,,, what type of covering (plastic, fiberglass, etc)
should I be looking for ??
Any good sources in central PA ??

Mark Hill - Harrisburg, PA (Zone 1 !)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Len Arzoomanian , BonsaiRI 11-03-2003 05:57 PM

[IBC] Panels for Greenhouses ??

From: Mark Hill

One simple question,,,, what type of covering (plastic, fiberglass, etc)
should I be looking for ??
Any good sources in central PA ??

Mark

I found a lot of useful information he

http://www.hobbygreenhouse.org/links.htm

I joined too!

Len

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:

http://www.bonsairi.com
http://www.rhodeislandbonsaisociety.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

David J. Bockman 11-03-2003 06:09 PM

[IBC] Panels for Greenhouses ??

Mark,

I used panels of structured clear polycarbonate called 'Polytex'... you see
it frequently in commercial greenhouses both as roofing and as side walls.
It comes in 4 or 6 foot widths and of infinite length (just tell them the
length and they trim it, or you can cut it fairly easily with a utility
knife.) Best of all their distribution center is in York PA, which souldn't
be too far from you.

http://www.poly-tex.com

as a roofing:

http://www.bunabayashi.com/images%20II/dcp_0014.jpg

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email:

I've been wandering about my back yard, ankle deep in snow, looking at
potential greenhouse sites.
I think I've got a beauty picked out that'll give me nice sunshine in
the morning and partial sun in the afternoon.
I've spent a lot of time drawing my "potenhouse" and I think I'm about
ready to start digging footings (if the %^&$$ snow ever melts !!)

One simple question,,,, what type of covering (plastic, fiberglass, etc)
should I be looking for ??
Any good sources in central PA ??

Mark Hill - Harrisburg, PA (Zone 1 !)

**************
**************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Bart Thomas 11-03-2003 06:21 PM

[IBC] Panels for Greenhouses ??

Mark:

Sounds like you're ready for Charley's Greenhouse and Garden catalog, which
will give the info you seek.

Their website is

www.charleysgreenhouse.com

Billy M. Rhodes 12-03-2003 12:22 AM

[IBC] Panels for Greenhouses ??

I have a "Turner Greenhouse" out of South Carolina. It comes as a kit with
the biggest piece 2 x 4. My wife and I have put up two. The first was 14 x
14 and the current one is 30 x 14. The 14 ft. wide house comes with a lot of
options and start at 14 ft long you can add sections that are 2ft long. So
my house is 15 sections. The covering in my case is Lexan, but they offer
other choices. The frame is galvanized steel.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Wayne Greenleaf 12-03-2003 04:44 PM

[IBC] Panels for Greenhouses ??

I was very lucky. A guy bought an older house in my neighborhood and did
not want the greenhouse in the yard (it never hurts to ask). I
"volunteered" to remove it from the property for him, at no charge. It is a
"Northern Light" approximately 20x20 from Gardener Supply
http://www.gardeners.com/department....eptPGID=13596. The
panels are structural aluminum with tedlar film. I have had to deal with
them for repair supplies and have been very please with their helpfulness
and service. Tedlar is a pricey, but very tough.
Lucky in New Orleans,
Wayne Greenleaf