Old 14-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] Postcard from New England

Hey all,

I finally got a chance to come up from air. Last Friday, Kenji Miyata and New England Bonsai Garden owner Hitoshi Kanegae stopped by the house on their way back from Cal. to Mass. with an 18' long truck load, floor to ceiling with bonsai. Before I knew w
hat was happening, I was whisked away with them to Mass. After 72 hours of no sleep (well, 2 good hours of sleep), we arrived, unloaded the truck and had dinner. ;-) - even got to see my friend John Romano for a short time then (Hi John!). Since then we'
ve been making bonsai all day long and talking bonsai over dinner (all the while I'm brushing up on my Japanese again) ;-) Today, we finally got a breather of a half-day. It's a wonderful way to go thru the week!

It's been great here with the cool staff, Teddi and Mr. Kanegae and hanging out with and working with my teacher all day. I've not been able to catch much of the IBC and miss it.

I'm here for 10 days and I'm sure it will all end too soon. Y'all take care and I'll check in again soon.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
zone 8, Texas (or now, Bellingham, MA)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 14-03-2003, 01:08 PM
John Romano

It is great having Andy and Kenji here in New England! We all anticipated
having trouble with Kenji's Japanese but I think Andy is having the hardest
time figuring out our New England accents ;-0
On a serious note, Kenji Miyata will be at New England Bonsai for 4 months
and, besides working with trees, is available for tutorials, workshops, etc.
You can checke the website for specifics (www.nebonsai.com)
waiting for the mythical spring .....
john romano

rhode island , the shohin state

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 14-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Craig Cowing

John Romano wrote:

It is great having Andy and Kenji here in New England! We all anticipated
having trouble with Kenji's Japanese but I think Andy is having the hardest
time figuring out our New England accents ;-0

We don't have accents, John--they do. 8-0

snip
john romano

rhode island , the shohin state

Craig Cowing