GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Shohin bonsai Apprenticeship in Japan (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/104149-%5Bibc%5D-shohin-bonsai-apprenticeship-japan.html)

John Romano 02-09-2005 02:39 PM

[IBC] Shohin bonsai Apprenticeship in Japan

Hi all,
I recently returned from Shizuoka, Japan where I have embarked on an
annual part time apprenticeship with Mr. Nobuichi Urushibata, a shohin
extraodinaire, at his nursery, Taisho en. This occurred somewhat
serendipitously through my working with Rob King on the new American
Shohin Bonsai Society and through a mutual bonsai acquaintance in Japan
(who arranged for the apprenticeship). You can read an interview with
Mr. Urushibata by Marco Invernizzi at this site:
http://216.65.36.71/subscriber/profile102a.htm
Rob and I went together and will hopefully continue on an annual basis
for short or extended stays.
I have posted a journal at: www.nebonsai.com that I will continue with
4 installments (there is only the first installment up).
Peace in Bonsai,
John Romano

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++