GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Salix matsudana 'Tortuosa': Corkscrew Willow (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/10746-salix-matsudana-tortuosa-corkscrew-willow.html)

Bart Thomas 17-03-2003 09:32 PM

Salix matsudana 'Tortuosa': Corkscrew Willow

I see from a search that these are used in bonsai. I have a nice cutting
(part of a flower arrangement) that rooted while the flowers were still
fresh! (Yes, I saved the water for rooting other cuttings.)

Does anyone know what styles can be achieved with these? The branches are
wonderfully contorted and the nodes seem close. It's sprouting leaves, but I
don't know if the largest ones (about 5/8") are fully grown. My suspicion
is that I'll wind up with a cascade, as I understand that the branche
"weep", but any suggestions would be most welcome.

I did find summary data on the tree at:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/BODY_ST577

(Bless the University of Florida)

Thanks.