Old 25-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Non organic Yamadori soil

Steve:

I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia, so my reference point is quite good for your location.

Copoly is a white plastic used for cold houses. Unlike clear plastic covered structures, those covers with white co-poly plastic gradually heat up by day and gradually cool down in the evening. You will need to contact a local nursery and ask who is supplying their copoly.

I would first place cedar mulch on the ground, place your trees, apply the landscape fabric, and then mulch over the pots up to the lowest branches.

As for Acer buergerianum and Ulmus parvifolia, they will not winter well in this zone, so I would not risk it. Place them in a cold garage after they are exposed to nights of frost and lose their leaves.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob