Old 18-03-2003, 02:44 AM
John & Lex Oldland

Default [IBC] Tokyo

Hi Todd

You can checkout the Japan pages of the Bonsai in Asia Guide
http://www.geocities.com/bonsai-in-asia/japan.html

Regards John
John Oldland - Perth Western Australia
Bonsai in Asia Guide Book - online at
http://www.geocities.com/bonsai-in-asia/

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 22-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Becca Ridout

I am headed to Tokyo the end of the month. Any ideas of
things to do?

Well, I just got back from Tokyo, and I didn't manage to
get a lot of Bonsai stuff in (we were only there for 3
days) but I did visit the Takagi Bonsai Museum, and I have
to say I was fairly disappointed. The trees were very
impressive, but there were not nearly as many to see as I
had expected. I had not realized that you were not allowed
to walk through the trees in the nursery area either, so I
really did not feel I got to see enough to justify the 800
yen cost. I personally felt more fulfilled seeing the
display at the national arboretium in Washington DC. I've
found the addresses of some nurseries in Kyoto and Osaka
though, so the search continues....
Oh, BTW, if there is a better place in Tokyo to see Bonsai
I am interested in recomendations. There's a chance I'll
make it there again at the end of may.

Rebecca

Rebecca Ridout-- --MD,USA
For the best comics, toys, movies, and more,
please visit
http://www.tfaw.com/?qt=wmf

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Tokyo -- cheap! Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 27-01-2005 02:23 AM
Pictures From Tokyo Dome Orchid Show George Orchids 1 18-03-2003 03:20 AM
[IBC] Tokyo Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 17-03-2003 01:32 PM
Tokyo Todd H. Slaughter Bonsai 0 16-03-2003 05:32 PM
Tokyo Todd H. Slaughter Bonsai 0 16-03-2003 05:08 PM