Old 24-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Carl Rosner

Default [IBC] Cascades

Hi Iris and IBCers::
No, I Have been reducing my out door tree collection to just under 20 trees. I have been able to sell all my cascades....

I am concentrating on tropical and sub tropicals.... the Buttonwoods , Bougainvilleas, Ficus salicfolia, microcarpa and rain trees are my passion!!!

Best regards,
Carl

wrote:
In a message dated 10/24/05 10:24:38 AM,
writes:
I would lay the pot on its side every other week during the growing season, and face the end (the apex of the tail) towards the sun to help it grow toward the light.

You don't grow cascades any more?
One of the tricks we learned from Pauline Muth is to support the cascade at a 45 deg. angle. This holds the tail up without losing the soil. You just stand it on the bench for watering, then put it back on the support. Actually, this is not to give the tail more sun, since you presumably already have it in the sun. What this does is distribute the growth hormones more evenly along the tail, rather than concentrating them at the top of the plant. It is mainly useful for species which don't normally cascade. For junipers & others which naturally grow as spreaders or ground covers, it may not be necessary.
Iris

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7

www.carlrosner.com
http://www.yessy.com/arteacher3725
http://rosner.becanz.net

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Marty Haber

Have you tried Carrissa (Natal plum)? It's a very attractive plant and
tolerant of (my) mistakes.
Marty H.

writes:
[...]

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: