Old 17-01-2006, 04:46 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Ian Matthews

Default Serissa Foetida

Hi
I'm living in South Wales (UK) and I've just bought a PVC greenhouse. I
think it's too cold to leave my Serissa outside so I've put it inside the
greenhouse.
Before that, I've kept it indoors. I've heard they can be fussy trees so at
first I didn't take much notice to the leaves falling off but now I've
noticed the leaves are turning brown and not falling. I've heard this isn't
good so I'm starting to worry now. Is this just a stage the tree takes to
recover? I'd also like to know how long it takes for the tree to get back to
normal after moving its position.
Diolch yn Fawr,
Ian

Old 17-01-2006, 07:52 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Nullcode

Ian Matthews wrote:
Hi
I'm living in South Wales (UK) and I've just bought a PVC greenhouse. I
think it's too cold to leave my Serissa outside so I've put it inside the
greenhouse.
Before that, I've kept it indoors. I've heard they can be fussy trees so at
first I didn't take much notice to the leaves falling off but now I've
noticed the leaves are turning brown and not falling. I've heard this isn't
good so I'm starting to worry now. Is this just a stage the tree takes to
recover? I'd also like to know how long it takes for the tree to get back to
normal after moving its position.
Diolch yn Fawr,
Ian

I live in the West Mids on the border, I have a Serissa Foetida too. I
keep it in my bedroom window (NE facing), mist it in the morning and
evening, water twice a week (sun,thur). Originally I was losing about 20
leaves a day, going yellow and dropping, now I probably lose 4-5 a week.
I heard the stories too, but mine has been very resiliant. I even
knocked a small shoot off, poked it in the soil, about 2 months ago, and
its still going nice and green.

I find that should the leaves go yellow, brown or wrinkle like cabbage,
more water fixes it. HTH

--
Nullcode
"Suffering is a result of desire"

[IBC] growing and propagating Serissa foetida Carl L Rosner Bonsai 3 10-03-2003 10:59 PM
growing and propagating Serissa foetida Shireen Gonzaga Bonsai 1 08-03-2003 04:34 PM
[IBC] Serissa foetida Oljuska Bonsai 0 07-03-2003 10:08 PM
[IBC] Newbie with Serissa Foetida Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 10-02-2003 01:25 AM
Newbie with Serissa Foetida Chris Harrison Bonsai 0 09-02-2003 06:27 PM