Old 20-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Tony Ashton

Default [IBC] ALERT: Bonsai Eating Beagle on the loose

WARNING : If you have recently repotted your bonsai ( like I did ) and
worked a wonderful, new, organic fertilizer mix into your soil (like I
did ), and then placed your bonsai on the low shelf outside( like I did ),
you may be at risk for having your bonsai eaten by a rogue
bonsai-eating-beagle ( like I did).

That's right... my beagle discovered that my new bonsai soil mix contains
bone meal and blood meal and, apparently, it tastes good. I have no idea
how much he ate, but he's doing fine today, so I can only imagine that the
pumice and bark and lava rock has served only to clean out his insides. My
A. Ginnala got an additional root pruning out to the deal, and was left for
dead next to the overturned pot. If it's not the bugs or the squirrels or
all the other factors of nature that conspire against me and my
bonsai...it's the damn dog...

Tony Ashton
Portland Oregon

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 20-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Helena Handbasket

[...]

Depending on how many rocks he ate, keep an eye on him. The stones can perforate his
bowel. As you can imagine, this could be extremely serious and could result in him
requiring surgery or in death.

--
katie