Old 03-02-2006, 09:54 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
just me

Default how do you sub?

So, since the link between the web ring and the newsgroup is broken and
there is nearly no traffic on the ng, how does one subscribe to the web
ring? Since I understand from previous posts in another thread that
apparently posts on the ng are see at the other location, but not vice
versa, could someone kindly reply on the newsgroup, please?

-Aula

Old 04-02-2006, 01:55 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Jim Lewis

just me wrote:
So, since the link between the web ring and the newsgroup is broken and
there is nearly no traffic on the ng, how does one subscribe to the web
ring? Since I understand from previous posts in another thread that
apparently posts on the ng are see at the other location, but not vice
versa, could someone kindly reply on the newsgroup, please?

-Aula

First, I need to explain the scope of the Internet
Bonsai Club (you already have something of a
history from Chris' post).

The IBC consists, first, of an Internet mailing
list. Until recently, the Mailing list has been
linked to rec.arts.bonsai, this newsgroup. (There
also is the alt.bonsai newsgroup, but these days
that is 99% porn-and-pill spam, like so many of
the "alt" newsgroups).

Then, we have the IBC website, which contains a
growing amount of bonsai-related information,
including a "Knowledge Base" which is coming to
equal many of the beginner bonsai books that are
on the market.

A newer part of the web site (none of which is
part of a "web ring") is the IBC Galleries, which
consists of several forums in which pictures of
"finished," and in-training bonsai, bonsai pots,
suiseki are displayed and commented upon. There
also is a "general discussion gallery which
(generally) isn't for pictures but is for other
discussions and questions on the sport of bonsai.

The IBC Gallery probably is the most-visited
bonsai site on the World Wide Web, and has brought
the IBC membership up to well over 2,000 people,
who come from every continent but Antarctica (and
we're working on thatg).

Finally, the IBC consists of a weekly chat session
on Starchat.com.

The easiest way to find out how to subscribe to
the mailing list or register to be able to post on
the IBC galleries (no registration is required for
the original part of the web site, or to LOOK at
the pictures and read the commentary on the
gallery) is to log in to
www.internetbonsaiclub.org then click on the
"About Us" button (or some similar name) for info
on the mailing list. There is a "register" button
in the upper left corner of the IBC home page that
will let you post to the gallery.

EVERYthing on the IBC is free, though to keep it
going we humbly accept donations from anyone who
wants to take part. Donors get recognition on the
website.

Hope this helps.

Jim Lewis - - Columbus, NC -
People, when Columbus discovered this country, it
was plum full of nuts and berries. And I'm right
here to tell you (that) the berries are just about
all gone. -- Uncle Dave Macon, musician
Old 04-02-2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
just me

"Jim Lewis" wrote in message

snip helpful info

Jim -

Thank you for that info. I will be checking out the site later today! I
wonder if a pointer on rab posted maybe monthly would be helpful to other
potential posters, but that is only a thought mentioned in passing......

-Aula

Hope this helps.

how do you sub? just me Bonsai 0 03-02-2006 09:54 PM
Top or Sub Soil jsbdgeuugs United Kingdom 3 25-07-2003 03:42 AM
new tank..sub recomendations WD Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
new tank..sub recomendations WD Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 24-03-2003 07:44 PM
another bagged rose tale, and question about Christian Dior sub-strains torgo Roses 0 16-03-2003 09:44 PM