Old 21-03-2003, 06:20 PM
DouglasTaylor

Default [IBC] Bonsai Quotes & good book Bonsai Ways

I bonsai buddy of mine let me borrow his copy of "Bonsai Ways" by Beatriz-Botero De Borrero & Martha Olga Botero De Gomez. Wow what a great bonsai book definitely not your typical how to book. Though I did get lost in their mathematical bonsai design secti
on, I am sure those mathematically inclined would enjoy that section.

Has anyone else read this book if you have what did you think?

Here is a quote, quoted in the book it was written by KOBA-SAMA
(anyone have more information about him/her)
"The smoke dissipated, the fire extinguished itself and the water ceased to boil. The absolute silence seemed to awaken the courtiers. The gardeners sighed and the queen cried in silence when the Kami of the old dogwood departed to the Fountains of the Yel
low Light.

The King, slowly opened the sliding vane of his window, and looked far away. between the fog. at the knotted trunk of the old plum tree, which was a marvelous bonsai that had known the secrets of seven kings and had accompanied the present dynasty for 250
years."

KOBO-SAMA

If you have a favorite Bonsai quote please post it. I have started a file of these that I am collecting. Make sure you credit the author and the source.

Doug Taylor

Zone 5 Mass.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 21-03-2003, 11:56 PM
dalecochoy

I bonsai buddy of mine let me borrow his copy of "Bonsai Ways" by
Beatriz-Botero De Borrero & Martha Olga Botero De Gomez. Wow what a great
bonsai book definitely not your typical how to book. Though I did get lost
in their mathematical bonsai design section, I am sure those mathematically
inclined would enjoy that section.

Has anyone else read this book if you have what did you think?

Yes, good book. Definitely not your "Sunset Bonsai" book. It reminds me
also of Deborah Koreshoff's excellent book.
It's not for those who are looking for pretty pictures.
If you can find it make sure you are getting the English version! :)
Regards,
Dale Cochoy

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++