GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Chinesm elm problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/11256-re-%5Bibc%5D-chinesm-elm-problems.html)

Billy M. Rhodes 22-03-2003 01:56 PM

[IBC] Chinesm elm problems

In a message dated 3/22/03 5:02:08 AM, writes:

My Chinese elm has started dropping it's leave, they turn yellowish in
colour first
then drop of.

More information would help.
Where are you located?
Where is the tree located? Indoors or out?
How and how often are you watering?
The most likely answer is too much water. Check the soil and do not water if
it is already wet.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Jim Lewis 22-03-2003 02:44 PM

[IBC] Chinesm elm problems

Hi I'm new to Bonsai and gardening in general can someone
answer the
problems
I am having

My Chinese elm has started dropping it's leave, they turn

yellowish in
colour first
then drop of.

Any help would be gratefully received

Scott:

Where do you live? Is the tree inside?

In the northern hemisphere, its spring (or getting there).
Chinese elms will lose last year's leaves as it comes time for
new leaves to appear. Before they go, they turn yellow, then
they drop.

Your tree most likely is fine.

David Thoreau - Walden