GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Bonsai in Scotland (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/11455-%5Bibc%5D-bonsai-scotland.html)

Monica Fernandez 24-03-2003 02:56 PM

[IBC] Bonsai in Scotland

Hello everybody! Here again Monika from Basque Country. Well, I'll get married on May 9th and I'm travelling to Scotland on honeymoon. I wonder if there is something to see on bonsai there. I read somewhere there was a National Bonsai Collection near Edinb
urgh, but I don't know where or whether it is open to public. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Monika (Basque Country)

PS: By the way, on April 5th and 6th Mr. Kimura is attending to the 2nd Mistral Bonsai Congress, at Tarragona, Spain, and so I'm I :))

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Chris McMillan 25-03-2003 10:08 PM

[IBC] Bonsai in Scotland

In message , Monica
Fernandez writes
Hello everybody! Here again Monika from Basque Country. Well, I'll get
married on May 9th and I'm travelling to Scotland on honeymoon. I
wonder if there is something to see on bonsai there. I read somewhere
there was a National Bonsai Collection near Edinburgh, but I don't know
where or whether it is open to public. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
http://www.scottishbonsai.org/National%20Collection.htm

Yes its the National Collection of Scotland, and this link will tell you
all you need to know.

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

(And if you go anywhere near any stretch of water in Scotland have a
midge repellent to hand and USE it. The month of May is unbearable
without midge repellent).

Sincerely Chris (who grew up being eaten by the little pests)
--
Chris McMillan