GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] bonsai in the comics (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/11722-%5Bibc%5D-bonsai-comics.html)

Jim Lewis 26-03-2003 01:32 PM

[IBC] bonsai in the comics

"For Better of for Worse," one of the best of today's "comics"
has a bonsai reference this morning. One of the main
characters -- a writer -- is on assignment in Japan and he and
his co-worker are staying at a Japanese businessman's hotel, with
its tiny, ultra-efficient rooms (NOT one of the coffin hotels,
where your room is MRI size, but still small).

The last panel reads: "Now I know why the Japanese invented
bonsai."

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Iris Cohen 26-03-2003 04:44 PM

[IBC] bonsai in the comics

I trust a few of us will point out to her that the Japanese did not invent
bonsai.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Alan Walker 26-03-2003 05:56 PM

[IBC] bonsai in the comics

If you do not have this comic strip running in your local paper, you can
find the cartoon today at: http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/index.html
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://LCBSBonsai.org http://bonsai-bci.com
================================
Jim Lewis wrote:
"For Better of for Worse," one of the best of today's "comics"
has a bonsai reference this morning. One of the main
characters -- a writer -- is on assignment in Japan and he and
his co-worker are staying at a Japanese businessman's hotel, with
its tiny, ultra-efficient rooms (NOT one of the coffin hotels,
where your room is MRI size, but still small).

The last panel reads: "Now I know why the Japanese invented
bonsai."
Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL