GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Red Cedar in soil? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/11982-%5Bibc%5D-red-cedar-soil.html)

Sean Nemecek 28-03-2003 05:21 AM

[IBC] Red Cedar in soil?

I recently went on my soil component purchasing trip only to find that my usual stores are not carrying some of them. I used to use an organic soil conditioner that was like very fine pine mulch. I can't find it anywhere near here. I did find a similar p
roduct made of red cedar. I seem to remember some warnings about using red cedar in soil. Is my memory correct? What are the warnings and why?

I also found a Hyalite like product that is sold as a vole inhibitor for $13 per 40 pound bag. I bought one bag to give it a try.

Thanks for the help,
Sean Nemecek - Cadillac, MI - Zone 4b or 5a

"True ingenuity values love for itself."
- John Howe from "Of Delighting in God"

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++