Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
John NJ

Default [IBC] Benches done

After looking at lots of plans and photos of various bonsai display benches,
I decided that since I don't have any real bonsai yet, just a bunch of
plants with potential, I didn't need a real bonsai bench.

I drove over to Home Depot (they're good for some things) and picked up some
wire shelves for closet organizers. I have a bunch of patio block from a
dog run we took down so those will be the legs. Done.

Now I have to figure out where to put them.

John-NJ

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 01-04-2003, 01:08 AM
John T. Jarrett

That will depend upon what species you have to put on them. Most plants
want
full sun.

If they are in pots, not in Austin they don't! I'm working on a bench now
with a full shingled cover (using fence boards?) that should block the
pounding rains we get a couple months a year plus block the 100-110 F plus
sun we get Jun-Aug...

I hope anyway!

I figure if I face it East-West and my house is North-South...they should
still get full sun in the winter and spring...plus full morning sun.

I hope anyway!

I have my first pretty Japanese Red Maple that, next to the two-storey house
so it is in shade all afternoon, by August is just pittiful!

:)

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com
Web Design - Program - Host - Maintain - Databases - E-Commerce
$9.95 Nationwide Dial-Up ISP new customers welcome...

"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote in message

Now I have to figure out where to put them.

That will depend upon what species you have to put on them. Most plants

want
full sun.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

****