GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My bonsai is dying (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/123549-my-bonsai-dying.html)

[email protected] 15-02-2006 09:56 AM

My bonsai is dying

Hi,

Can anyone help me? I bought a miniture bonsai tree 11 days ago and
it's started to die.

I keep it away from direct sunlight in a room that isn't constantly
heated but not a cold room (my bedroom - hence the heating only coming
on twice a day, and my tree is no where near the radiator). I have
soaked my plant once for half an hour as directed in sterile water and
I have sprayed the leaves. But all the leaves are now dropping off. It
is due for another soak tomorrow.

What am I doing wrong? I don't want it to die because I quite like it!

Please help me!

Kristy.

ed hymes 17-02-2006 08:40 PM

My bonsai is dying

Most important is what kind of tree is it? Is it an evergreen or is it
diciduous?
Some will lose their leaves when conditions change but, with time, new
leaves will appear. Be careful and don't overwater it. Be patient!

oups.com...

TinanaTaffy 20-02-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by
Hi,

Can anyone help me? I bought a miniture bonsai tree 11 days ago and
it's started to die.

I keep it away from direct sunlight in a room that isn't constantly
heated but not a cold room (my bedroom - hence the heating only coming
on twice a day, and my tree is no where near the radiator). I have
soaked my plant once for half an hour as directed in sterile water and
I have sprayed the leaves. But all the leaves are now dropping off. It
is due for another soak tomorrow.

What am I doing wrong? I don't want it to die because I quite like it!

Please help me!

Kristy.

First question - where do you live (what country - I am in Australia, and it is our summer) and second, any idea what type of tree it is?