Old 14-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Michael F. Tigue

Default [IBC] Curing Insecticides

If one uses an insecticide that a tree just so happens to be susceptible
to is there any way to mitigate the effect and save the tree?

I watered a serrisa with malthion and sprayed it with raid house and
garden spray to deal with a soil gnat plague and all so far about 90% of
the leaves curled up black and died. Each of my other trees are fine.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 14-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Nina Shishkoff

I watered a serrisa with malathion and sprayed it with raid house and
garden spray to deal with a soil gnat plague and all so far about 90% of
the leaves curled up black and died. Each of my other trees are fine.

Of course nothing is labeled for Serissa, because it is an uncommon
houseplant, and the big companies only test the top 20 or so for
phytotoxicity. That's why you should always test a product on a
single branch, or on a tree you don't particularly care about, like a
Seris.... oooops.

Anyway, Dan the entomologist in the next office says to watch and
wait. Most of the insecticide came off with the leaves (Malathion
having only a limited systemic action). So sweep up the dead leaves
and hope for the best.
--
Nina Shishkoff

Riverhead, NY