GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Ficus disease(IBC galery) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/13997-%5Bibc%5D-ficus-disease-ibc-galery.html)

Carlos P. 06-04-2003 06:32 PM

[IBC] Ficus disease(IBC galery)

Dear folks,
I just posted some pics in the galery about some disease that are afecting a
lot of my Ficus trees(Don't afect Nerifolia sp,tough).Never had it in my 3
years keeping Bonsai.If you can take a look at it,and help me out,I will
really apreciate.

thanks much.

Carlos Pimenta
Miami,FL

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Jim Lewis 06-04-2003 06:56 PM

[IBC] Ficus disease(IBC galery)

Dear folks,
I just posted some pics in the galery about some disease that

are afecting a
lot of my Ficus trees(Don't afect Nerifolia sp,tough).Never had

it in my 3
years keeping Bonsai.If you can take a look at it,and help me

out,I will
really apreciate.

As Jerry says on the gallery, that's not a disease. Something is
eating your fig. Thrips or whatever else, this is how an
insect-damaged leaf reacts.

I suspect that in Miami the list of potential culprits is
extensive. (The trees ARE outdoors, yes?)

Check first to see if Ficus are damaged or not (spray a
"sacrifice" plant) but a pyrethrin-based spray should do the
trick, with no long-lasting adverse effects.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++