GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Canda/Trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/141282-canda-trees.html)

Dutch 18-03-2006 07:01 PM

Canda/Trees

Hello All,I live in Canada and am interested in starting to grow
Bonsai trees as a hobby.I'm looking to buy bonsai Trees in Canada,can
anyone lead me in the right direction.Or can I have them shipped from
the US?Are there any restrictions/permits that I would need???
Thanks!!!

Dutch

Tippi 22-03-2006 04:42 PM

Canda/Trees

Where are you located? if in a big city you might be able to find a
local Bonsai Society that can help you.

http://www.absbonsai.org/canadaClubs.html

Importing is a messy business, you need to first get an Import Permit
from Agriculture Canada for $35, then you have to pay the exporting
nursery extra fees for certificates to prove their plants are free of
disease and not an endangered species.

Here is a site that sells bonsai plants in Canada I found on Google
http://www.shikoku.ca/

Bob S. 22-03-2006 07:41 PM

Canda/Trees

FWIW, most potted bonsai sold here in