GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Root purining with a hatchet! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/14294-%5Bibc%5D-root-purining-hatchet.html)

Ed Spaans 09-04-2003 12:32 AM

[IBC] Root purining with a hatchet!

Hallo All:

We got an icestorm last Friday and the little bonsai friends are still
covered with about half an inch of that stuff. I was hoping to be well into
my pruning schedule by now. They only came out the root cellar/woodchip mulch
ten days ago and the wood chip mess was still frozen until last week Monday.
Last expected frost for the lower SW corner of Michigan is 3 weeks away.
Guess we will skip spring like we have done the last 2 years.

Ed. Spaans
Grand Rapids, MI.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Jim Lewis 09-04-2003 03:09 AM

[IBC] Root purining with a hatchet!

Hallo All:

We got an icestorm last Friday and the little bonsai friends

are still
covered with about half an inch of that stuff. I was hoping to

be well into
my pruning schedule by now. They only came out the root

cellar/woodchip mulch
ten days ago and the wood chip mess was still frozen until last

week Monday.
Last expected frost for the lower SW corner of Michigan is 3

weeks away.
Guess we will skip spring like we have done the last 2 years.

Well, you could be subjecting your trees to the Chinese WATER
torture, like we are down here! :-(

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - now TWO
inches (since 11 p.m. last night) -- and rising. I keep feeling
under my jaw line for the beginnings of gills, as in some sort of
reverse evolution.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++